Powerful Gas Operated Alarms
AVAILABLE VERY QUICKLY
June 15 2016 11:54 am
I continue to purchase the â€œBusicom MD1189 Mains Operated UV Forged Noted Detectorâ€ for my shops because the product works well, the price is good, the speed of service is better and the no quibble replacement is icing on the cake. Thank you for continued excellent customer service.
February 21 2012 10:14 pm
We used to buy the older version of this lamp but this one, although about the same size, is far brighter. Very pleased with it and thank you for making it even easier to check for forged notes. AV Notts
Average score 5.0 based on 2 reviews -
Mains Operated Forged Note Counterfeit Detector UV Lamp (Busicom MD1189) Features
- As suggested on the BBC's FAKE BRITAIN to detect Fake currency
- Dimensions: 183 x 87 x 78mm
- Black Satin Finish
- 12 months warranty
- Please note that this item is specifically designed as a money / credit card / document checker
- Replacement Bulbs available - see Accessories at bottom of page
- Robust and Compact producing a wavelength of 375nm
Mains Operated Forged Note Counterfeit Detector UV Lamp (Busicom MD1189) Description
CAUTION: UV Light can be dangerous. Do not expose the skin or eyes under the light source. Keep out of the reach of children.
Approx. Dimensions: 183mm x 87mm x 78mm.
TRAINING NOTES ON U.V. FORGED NOTE DETECTORS
Our forged note detectors are designed to offer users a simple, quick and easy way to check for counterfeit and forged documents banknotes and credit cards. The Document/Banknote or Credit card issuing authorities are the only people who can 100% confirm if a Document/Banknote or Credit card is genuine or not. Some police laboratories can provide an intermediate service, but it is advisable to refer the document or banknote to the issuing authority.
FORGED NOTE DETECTORS: using a U.V. (ultra violet) and white light together is an aid to prevention and to stem the increasing number of forgeries. Users of the U.V. Forged Note Detectors must check for the continuous metallic/plastic strip, watermark, the feel of the paper and the amount of U.V. reflection should be checked.
1. U.V. LIGHT: A genuine bank note should not fluoresce right across the banknote. Many banknotes have fluorescent marking in the note. When they are held under the U.V. light the marking will appear (only the design should fluoresce when passed under the U.V. light).
2. FEEL THE PAPER: Some forgers have soaked the forged notes in U.V. protection fluids such as sun tan lotion thus supposedly blocking out the U.V. light. However, sun tan lotion and such like are not 100% U.V. proof. The banknote will still fluoresce slightly as well as feel greasy to the touch and look very fragile. If you try to block the U.V. you also block the watermark.
3. WATERMARKS: Many counterfeit watermarks are bleached into the paper. A U.V. light will not fluoresce a genuine watermark, but will fluoresce a bleached watermark. Only a white light will display the watermark. For this function please Click here to view our Multi-function Lamp
4. METAL AND PLASTIC STRIPS: Under a white light, a continuous metal strip can be seen. A genuine banknote will reveal a continuous strip as it is sandwiched in the genuine banknote. With a forgery you can usually see a dashed line where it is painted on the outside of the note. If a magnifying lens is used, in many currencies the value of the note is printed onto the strip.
5. EUROS: In addition to the above security, there is micro printing that can only be seen under 10 x magnification.
6. CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS: (fluorescent design) MASTER CARD has ‘M’ ‘C’. AMERICAN EXPRESS has ‘AMEX’. VISA has the Eagle design. SWITCH has the switch logo. VISA DELTA has the Eagle design. Check the security number printed in black on the back of the card.
7. DOCUMENTS: Newer Driving Licenses/I.D. Cards/Passports have fluorescent designs on them.
8. BANK CHEQUES: All of the major banks now print fluorescent designs into their cheques.
9. EURO NOTES: All of the new Euro notes have fluorescent markings on the back of them.
Forged Note Detectors are only a front line aid to he prevention of forged and counterfeit banknotes, documents, credit cards and cheques being passed as genuine.
GENERAL SAFETY GUIDELINES.
To change any light bulb U.V. or White Light:
1. Unplug the unit from the AC mains supply if AC powered.
2. Remove covers.
3. Replace bulb/tube.
4. Put the covers back into place.
5. If you have any doubts please use a qualified electrician only.
USAGE OF ULTRAVIOLET EQUIPMENT IN THE OFFICE, SHOP OR PLACE OF WORK :
1. The units must be placed at a height that will NOT allow anybody to look directly at the U.V. bulb. If this is not possible, then the U.V. lamp must be between 30/40cm away from the eyes.
2. It is recommended that the operator does not expose their hands under the U.V. light for more than 90 minutes on a continuous basis.
People who bought this product were also interested in:-
Accessories for the Mains Operated Forged Note Counterfeit Detector UV Lamp (Busicom MD1189)
Our Price (inc VAT) : £4.79